Port Richey Fire Chief and Wife Arrested After Getting Physical as Police Investigate Him for DUI


Port Richey Fire Chief and Wife Arrested After Getting Physical as Police Investigate Him for DUI

On October 15, 2017, officers from the New Port Richey Police responded to a single motorcycle crash in a business parking lot located at 6736 Madison Avenue.

The operator of the motorcycle, Timothy Ollie Fussell received injuries and was being treated by fire rescue personnel at the scene when his wife Suzanna Fussell arrived.

Officers’ preliminary observations led them to believe Fussell was showing signs of impairment and might be under the influence.

Fussell attempted to leave and became argumentative when he was advised he had to remain while the officers conducted their investigation.

According to officers, Suzanna advised her husband not to speak to the officers and had to be forcefully removed from the scene to stop her from impeding the crash investigation.

Fussell elected to receive additional medical treatment and was transported to North Bay Hospital accompanied by an officer.

Suzanna also responded to the hospital. At the hospital, she refused to remain in the waiting room and attempted to force her way into the ambulance entranceway.

She created a disturbance and was subsequently allowed back to the room where her husband was being treated.

When she entered the room, she observed a nurse completing medical treatment which included a blood draw.

She continued to be disruptive and yelled for the medical personnel to remove thebI.V. from Fussell’s arm.

While medical staff members were holding the medical equipment, Suzanna snatched the tourniquet off, grabbed the medical tubes containing blood that had already been drawn and threw them in the hazardous waste container.

She verbally and then physically intervened in the procedure and refused to leave when told.

Officers placed her under arrest for Obstruction and Tampering with Evidence.

When Suzanna was placed under arrest, Timothy became upset and refused to obey an officer’s command to remain seated. Fussell then intentionally swung his left arm towards the officer striking the officer on the face.

Fussell was placed under arrest for Driving Under the Influence and Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer.

Both defendants were booked into the Land O’ Lakes Detention Center.




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here