Tampa Police officers are investigating a death that likely resulted from carbon monoxide poisoning. Emergency dispatchers received a call at approximately 9:44 a.m. on January 7 that a man was unconscious inside of his home at 114 East Davis Boulevard.
When officers and paramedics arrived on scene, they located the 55 year old male and a 53 year old female inside of the house. The male along with two family dogs were pronounced deceased at the scene. The female was transported to a local hospital in critical condition. Several first responders who entered the home were also transported for observation.
Based on the preliminary investigation, it appears that a vehicle that was left running in the garage may have resulted in the carbon monoxide poisoning.
No foul play is suspected at this time, however, the investigation is still ongoing.