St. Petersburg Fire Rescue responded to an underground gas line that was leaking in the area of Park Street and Bogie Ave N., at approximately 3:45 p.m. on Monday, August 31, 3020.
According to Lt. Steven Lawrence, leaking gas was ignited by a power line that fell and arced near the leak.
Fire crews protected the area and allowed the gas to burn off until TECO could shut down the gas and control the leak safely.
No one injured from the fire or the gas leak and there was no structures damaged from the fire.
St. Petersburg Police say road closures are expected to continue for the next several hours during repairs.